Earning money through your blog is such a big achievement. Many people these days are taking advantage of the internet like finding ways to earn extra money. However, do not be quick to assume that this is an easy task. There are different things to prepare before you are able to monetise your blog. With hard work and perseverance, you can achieve this goal.
Here are some tips about things to prepare before you monetise your blog:
- Find a reliable hosting site –finding the right hosting site for your blog whether VPS hosting, shared or dedicated hosting is very important. You need your website to be live 24/7 with as little or no down time as possible. For starters, it is best to consider VPS hosting, which is technically both shared and dedicated hosting. You can choose the package that is right for you so that you only pay for what you need.
- Decide on your niche –it is advisable to decide on specific niche that you want to focus on. This way, you can identify your audience and prepare accordingly. Also, having a particular niche will give you a clear path and direction to take in terms of your web design and of course content.
- Check out the competition – you should check out existing blogs targeting the same niche. You should see how they are presenting the website – what types of content they feature, promotions offered to visitors and other marketing efforts. This way, you will have an idea of how to enter the market.
- Do a keyword research –it is important to do keyword research including money keywords, long tail keywords, exact-match and other keywords to target to help your website rank higher in different search engines. Also, these keywords help categorise your site so people can easily find you. It will help you boost your website’s traffic which is a very crucial factor when monetising your site.
- Publish good amount of high quality content –before you feature ads on your site, you must build a good amount of traffic and to do this, you must have high quality content to offer. Online readers are easily turned off when a website is full of advertisements but no substantial amount of content that can be useful for them. So make sure to publish high quality content first before thinking of monetising the site.
- Be visible in various social networking sites –lastly, it is advisable to be visible in different social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube among others. Through those social networking sites, you will be able to promote your blog and gain followers or readers. You can do various gimmicks to gain your target audience’s attention and eventually lead them to your blog.
Following the tips that we discussed in this post will help you prepare your blog to reach level wherein you can earn extra money through it. Who said it’s easy to become a blogger? Well, if you love what you do then all these hard work will surely be nothing compared to the joy and fulfillment that you will feel once you see your beloved blog becomes successful.